A professional car paint job is one of the most powerful ways to enhance your vehicle’s appearance and value. However, not all car paint jobs are equal in terms of quality and results. Vehicle painting is a meticulous process that requires the skill and precision of an experienced auto body painting expert. Below are seven signs that you have found a professional auto body painter that will deliver the best car paint job in Alberta.
1) They always follow the proper pre-treatment measures
A car paint job should never be rushed. A high quality paint job often requires extensive pre-treatment measures that should be undertaken before the first drop of paint is applied. Here is a look at some of the preliminary steps that top painters use to ensure a high level of satisfaction with your paint job:
- Cleaning and drying: A vehicle should be thoroughly cleaned and dried to allow the painter to identify any structural imperfections
- Protecting your vehicle: Top painters always make sure that the other parts of your vehicle are properly shielded during the painting process
- Removing old paint: Applying the compounds and tools to thoroughly remove old or peeling paint is a key part of the pre-treatment process
- Sanding: Using the correct sanding paper and tools is often necessary to make sure that old paint and clear coat are fully removed
- Priming: Applying a primer that is designed for metal surfaces is essential to obtaining great results
2) They apply paint in a secure climate controlled environment
Alberta’s harsh winters are often accompanied by frigid temperatures, snow, and wind. These conditions can wreak havoc on the painting process. For example, extremely low temperatures can cause high film thickness and cause paint to resemble an orange peel look and feel when applied to a vehicle. Paint is also more likely to drip and run in cold weather because it takes a much longer time to dry.
The area’s best vehicle painters know the impact that weather can have on the paint process and take steps to ensure that your vehicle is painted in a warm, well ventilated paint booth. They take steps to prevent condensation from developing and always make sure that your vehicle is fully protected from rain, snow, ice and humidity during the painting process.
3) They have an impressive employee training program
Superb car painting is impossible without a strong employee painting program. The best results are produced by technicians who are thoroughly trained on paint removal, prepping, and spraying techniques. As you compare auto body painting companies, be sure to look for businesses that emphasize training in the following areas:
- Correct use and maintenance of sprayers and other painting tools
- The auto paint industry and general paint chemistry
- Safety and compliance measures to protect employees and vehicles
- The latest paint application techniques and tools
4) They use PPG paints
The best auto body painting results are achieved with the use of high quality paints. Failure to choose a high quality paint can negatively affect results and provide less protection for your vehicle. PPG paints are an excellent choice because they are known for their outstanding resistance to erosion and abrasion. They are also known for their superb colour retention and their Canadian National AIM certification, which shows a commitment to reduce the emissions of air pollutants.
5) They have decades of industry experience
There is no substitute for experience when it comes to painting vehicles. Choosing a company with decades of experience serving the Alberta community will help you avoid costly errors and ensure that you are thrilled with your paint job. When you inquire about a company’s experience, be sure to ask if they are fully licensed and insured for your protection.
6) They provide other valuable auto related services
Selecting an auto body painter that offers other services for your vehicle can help you save time and money. Rather than coordinating services from multiple providers, you can enjoy the peace of mind that comes along with choosing a “One Stop Shop” collision repair shop. As you compare painters, look for those that offer other auto-related services, such as the following:
- Auto body repair: Ideally, the company you choose should also be able to examine your car and repair any structural damage.
- Towing services: When a car emergency strikes, you may require assistance with securing a tow to a local collision repair centre.
- Assistance with rental cars: Alberta’s top companies will help you source a rental car while your car is being painted.
7) Customer service is always a top priority
The prospect of handing your car over to a stranger to be painted can be a little unnerving — especially if you have never had a car painted. The auto body painter that you choose should be easy to reach by phone and email, and also make it easy for you to book an appointment for your car paint job. An effective way to judge a painter’s commitment to customer service and quality is to pay a visit to their shop. This will enable you to observe their painting practices and decide whether you feel comfortable leaving your vehicle in their hands. Most importantly, you can see whether technicians observe care and safety when handling the vehicles they are painting.
Selecting the best auto body painter in Alberta
A top-notch car paint job can transform your vehicle from dull to dynamic quickly and at an affordable cost. By selecting a vehicle painting provider that offers the qualities above, you can ensure that you are thrilled with your paint job.
As one of Alberta’s most reliable auto body painters, CSN JD Collision offers all of the traits outlined above. For over 40 years, we have used top quality PPG paints and the latest cutting edge spray technology to produce flawless results. Whether you need a minor touch up job or would like to have your vehicle completely repainted, we have the tools and skilled technicians to restore your car. We invite you to contact us to discover why we are known across the Lakeland Region for our gorgeous auto body painting. We look forward to serving as your trusted auto body painter!